The ability to reply to discussions is limited to PRO members. Want to join in the discussion? Click here to subscribe now.

Firebase Basic Authentication Part 2

Firebase Basic Authentication Part 2

3:22
Authenticating with Firebase creates a 24 hour session for the user. This allows you to fetch the current session for the user, as well as logout the user and destroy the session.
Watch this lesson now
egghead.io

Authenticating with Firebase creates a 24 hour session for the user. This allows you to fetch the current session for the user, as well as logout the user and destroy the session.

matthew

Can you please do a video on Authentication and fireangular? For example how would a Admin see a page differently than say just a subscriber.

In reply to egghead.io
John

yes! please do a video on security rules! Stick with your CRUD example, how would we only show items created by the authenticated user? How about sharing specific items with other users?

In reply to matthew
David

I'm throwing my name into the hat as well, I'd love to see authentication with angular fire expanded to explain ACL's as well as complete low level examples (i.e. what happens when the credentials are incorrect or there's no user returned for getcurrentuser?)

Camrin

I would love to see this too!

In reply to John
HEY, QUICK QUESTION!
Joel's Head
Why are we asking?