The ability to reply to discussions is limited to PRO members. Want to join in the discussion? Click here to subscribe now.

Basic Metaprogramming: Dynamic Method

Basic Metaprogramming: Dynamic Method

4:27
Metaprogramming is a powerful tool for dynamically applying behavior to JavaScript objects. It can be a confusing concept, "code that writes code", but is very useful when you understand a few simple concepts. This lesson will show you how to create dynamic methods on your Javascript objects.
Watch this lesson now
egghead.io

Metaprogramming is a powerful tool for dynamically applying behavior to JavaScript objects. It can be a confusing concept, "code that writes code", but is very useful when you understand a few simple concepts. This lesson will show you how to create dynamic methods on your Javascript objects.

mike

As a person who has been learning javaScript in a non-linear way (I jump around a lot), I do find this to be helpful, but, I have to go back and try to find a real world example on how to use Object.defineProperty.

I'm coming from a background in graphic design. I understand you are just doing quick tips here and there.

So far, I've enjoyed what I've seen. The video and audio quality is fantastic.

In reply to egghead.io
Tony Li

follow the example, but I get dog.bark is not a function TypeError

Tony Li

it works after changed ES6 arrow function to normal function(), don't know the reason, thought ()=> is equal s to function()

HEY, QUICK QUESTION!
Joel's Head
Why are we asking?