The ability to reply to discussions is limited to PRO members. Want to join in the discussion? Click here to subscribe now.

Protractor Interactive

Protractor Interactive

1:44
Did you know that Protractor has a handy interactive mode to help with writing/debugging your end-to-end (e2e) tests?
Watch this lesson now
egghead.io

Did you know that Protractor has a handy interactive mode to help with writing/debugging your end-to-end (e2e) tests?

John

It looks like elementexplorer has changed significantly since this lesson was recorded. I searched for some more up-to-date help on the topic, and came across elementor instead, which is pretty good.

Joel

It looks like elementexplorer has changed significantly since this lesson was recorded. I searched for some more up-to-date help on the topic, and came across elementor instead, which is pretty good.

Thanks John, I added a little note on the lesson.

In reply to John
Raphi

When I try to run elementexplorer, I get

Please use "protractor [configFile] [options] --elementExplorer" for full functionality                             

module.js:327                                                                                                       
      throw err;                                                                                                      
     ^                                                                                                               

Error: Cannot find module '../lib/cli.js'                                                                           
     at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)                                                          
     at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)                                                                     
     at Module.require (module.js:353:17)                                                                            
     at require (internal/module.js:12:17)                                                                           
     at Object.<anonymous>      (C:\Users\Raphi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\protractor\bin\elementexplorer.js:46:1)

at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)                                                                           
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)                                                             
at Module.load (module.js:343:32)                                                                               
at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)                                                                     
at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:441:10)
Paul

Hi Joel
I wasted about 10 minutes trying to debug the issue mentioned above. I'm getting the impression this lesson is 100% useless now. If that's the case, why not delete/ archive it?
Paul

In reply to Joel
Paul

Hi Raphi If you install protractor 2.5.1, you'll find this works. Paul

In reply to Raphi
HEY, QUICK QUESTION!
Joel's Head
Why are we asking?