The ability to reply to discussions is limited to PRO members. Want to join in the discussion? Click here to subscribe now.

React Flux: Wrapping Up

React Flux: Wrapping Up

9:13
With this lesson, we will bring it all together, using what we've learned in the series to fisnish out the React Flux architecture example. The completed code for this series can be found [here on Github](https://github.com/eggheadio/egghead-react-flux-example).
Watch this lesson now
egghead.io

With this lesson, we will bring it all together, using what we've learned in the series to fisnish out the React Flux architecture example.

The completed code for this series can be found here on Github.

Otto

For some reason when I try to run the code on Github, the app-cart component isn't getting compiled correctly into main.js. I saw an error "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < " and when I look in main.js, I see:
return (

Upon closer examination, all other components are being compiled correctly, e.g.

return React.DOM.button({onClick: this.handleClick}, "+")

but the Cart component isn't.

Any ideas?

In reply to egghead.io
Ashley

I noticed at the very end of the video (last minute) whilst navigating the cart empties itself.

Is that a bug?

Pavel

I think he pressed 'X' button to delete whole set of items in cart. On Wild West he was called 'Joe the fast cart cleaner' =)

In reply to Ashley
Pavel

What I cant really get is why we do catalog item detains in such bazaar way?

1. why we can't just render page based on provided from parent item?
  2. why we pass item from parent instead of id if we dont use whole item.
  3. why this function is not in store and expands store functionality in such way?

I ve got to much why per seconds for this last bit =))

In reply to egghead.io
Delchina

Do you plan to finish the tutorial - how to build a real app with react & flux?

Robert

Nice tutorial.
One thing: I think in getItem() in app-catalogdetail.js is useless toString() in item.id. It's saved as a string in the store.

Jerome Doyle

Navigating to the cart and item detail pages works, however, I get a 404 anytime I refresh on a page other than the home page.

HEY, QUICK QUESTION!
Joel's Head
Why are we asking?