- installing the compiler with Node.js
- auto-watching source files for changes
- fixing code errors found by TypeScript
Handling state with Typescript enums, instead of booleans, is preferred because:
- Enums are more readable
- Enums can have as many states as you need while booleans only have 2
- You only need to keep track of state with 1 variable when using enums
If Typescript is the first language in which you've encountered generics, the concept can be quite difficult to understand. We skip the lecture in this lesson and dive straight into a real-world use-case that is guaranteed to help you understand the need for generics.