Your app can behave in various ways on different network conditions. Cypress has an excellent toolset for setting up those conditions, enabling you to test your app thoroughly. That way, you can ship your app with confidence.
.intercept() command is one of the most fun commands to use. And it’s also one of the most useful.
Especially when you are done with all your happy paths and want to increase your test coverage with some edge cases.
These edge cases can mean different data, headers, or server behavior. You can modify all of these dynamically or with a static fixture prepared beforehand.
What you'll learn
- Statically and dynamically stub response body
- Test your application with different status codes
- Modify request headers
- Prevent your server from providing a cached response
- Modify your request URL and add a query to it
- Test slower network conditions by throttling or delaying a response
- Bypass UI login by adding authorization header to your request