Deploy Ghost to AWS using RDS and EC2Sam Julien
Create a Digital Garden CLI with Rust
Build a Rust CLI to create notes for your digital garden. Step by step you will build, run, and test the CLI while learning core Rust concepts like move/copy semantics.
Browse Curated Developer Resources on the Best Tools
egghead Talks and Events
Optimize your Learning
Learning Tips Every Developer Should Know
Learning will be a constant in your career no matter what you decide to do, especially if you are breaking into tech.
There are a number of tried and true methods that will allow you to learn more efficiently so that you can keep up with the industry. These evergreen methods will serve you well no matter your level of expertise.
Mental Models for concurrent React
Concurrent React from Scratch
In this talk, we’ll create an effective mental model of Concurrent React by building a tiny clone of React! We will start with a blank JS file and learn about how React renders components, schedules Time-Slicing updates with a Work Loop, and more!
Visualize React through Metaphor
Drawing the Invisible: React Explained
A guide to the fundamentals of React explained through five visual metaphors. From component trees to state, Maggie explains the analogies and metaphorical comparisons that helped her "get" React for the first time.
Craft a Portfolio that gets you hired
Build a Business-Oriented Developer Portfolio
Crafting an excellent portfolio piece is tough. You need to design what you're going to build, shape the work, and then do the actual work... but on top of all of that, you also need to communicate and show the process.
This means you need to learn in public, build in public, write about your work in progress, discuss what you learned, and summarize your understanding.
Because if you don't show your work, nobody will know what you did. They might assume it was nothing. The reality is that this a lot of tedious, pain in the ass, time-consuming unpaid work.
You don't have to do this alone. You can join a Portfolio Project Club!
Popular Courses & Topics
Start Learning Here
These courses will get you started building real-world applications with these tools. They are all excellent introductions if you want to learn something new today.
- The Beginner's Guide to ReactKent C. Dodds・2h 27m ・Course
- CSS FundamentalsTyler Clark・33m・Course
- The Beginner's Guide to FigmaJoe Previte・ Course
- Up and running with Svelte 3Tomasz Łakomy・26m ・Course
- Develop Basic Web Apps with Vue.jsGreg Thoman・16m ・Course
- Write Your First Program with the Rust LanguagePascal Precht・19m ・Course
Write Modern CSS
Design with Tailwind CSS Masterclass
In this multi-module course, Adam Wathan - the creator of Tailwind - will teach you how to style your applications with modern, sustainable patterns. Modules include:
React State Management in 2021
- 1Using Redux in Modern React Apps with Mark Erikson
- 2XState for State Management in React Apps with David Khourshid
- 3State Management in React with Chance Strickland
- 4Using Recoil to Manage Orthogonal State in React Apps with David McCabe
- 5State Management in React with Christopher Chedeau
- 6State Management in React with Paul Henschel
- 7Managing Complex State in React with Jared Palmer
- 8Using react-query to Manage Server Data and Cache with Tanner Linsley
Staff Picks and Favorites
Accessible Cross-Browser CSS Form Styling
Netlify Serverless Functions and Hasura
Declarative UIs without CSS with elm-ui
Practice Makes Perfect
Web Development Essentials
- How to Contribute to an Open Source Project on GitHubKent C. Dodds・38m ・Course
- Fix Common Git MistakesChris Achard・44m・Course
- GraphQL Query LanguageEve Porcello・30m・Course
- Debug the DOM in Chrome with the Devtools Elements panelMykola Bilokonsky・25m・Course
Accessible Portfolio Pieces
Start Building Accessible Web Applications Today
Optimize Daily Workflows
Humans were never meant to repeat joyless tasks in a precise manner, over and over and over. Computers are meant precisely for these types of tasks. Automation is all about saving you time — and these courses are well worth yours. Enjoy!
Learn in public with a digital garden
Digital Gardening for Developers
Success in software development requires deeply layered, high-value communication. If you are serious about making an impact in your coding career, you should get good at writing words as well as code. This an agreed-upon quality for developers. And it all starts with having your own digital garden.
The phrase "digital garden" is a metaphor for thinking about writing and creating that focuses less on the resulting "showpiece" and more on the process, care, and craft it takes to get there. — Joel Hooks
Build a New Portfolio Project
Introduction to Cloudflare Workers
Create and deploy a Cloudflare Worker that will examine the request for location data, and render HTML featuring information for the closest concert taking place based on the nearest regional Cloudflare Location.
Accept Payments and Sell Products
Create an eCommerce Store with Next.js and Stripe Checkout
E-commerce is here to stay and as professional developers we need to understand how to build fully custom stores for our clients using the best modern tools available.
Amazon Web Services
Deep Dive into AWS 🤯
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has over 165 services. Not sure where to start? Let these courses guide you through quickly getting up and running on AWS.
- Build an App with the AWS Cloud Development KitTomasz Łakomy・1h 4m・Course
- Using DynamoDB with Next.jsLee Robinson・30m・Course
- DynamoDB: The Node.js DocumentClientChris Biscardi・17m・Course
- Intro to DynamoDBChris Biscardi・15m・Course
- Learn AWS Lambda from scratchTomasz Łakomy・21m・Course
- Use AWS Billing & Cost Management Dashboard to keep your AWS bill to minimumTomasz Łakomy・4m・Course
- Converting a Serverless App to run on AWS Lambda and DynamoDB with Serverless FrameworkChris Biscardi・42m・Course
Learn Something New
A Community Resource is a course that is free to access for all. The instructor of this course requested it to be open to the public.
- Get Started with ReasonNik Graf・1h 13m・Course
- Introduction to State Machines Using XStateKyle Shevlin・53m・Course
- Practical Git for Everyday Professional UseTrevor Miller・1h ・Course
- Build an App with React SuspenseMichael Chan・1h 23m・Course
- Scalable Offline-Ready GraphQL Applications with AWS AppSync & Reactnader dabit・64m・Course
- GraphQL Data in React with Apollo ClientNik Graf・23m・Course
Create AI-powered Transcripts
Video Analysis App with NextJS and Symbl.ai
Add Conversation Intelligence to your video or voice application without training Machine Learning models.
Content Management System
Headless WordPress with GraphQL
You and your clients will be able to take advantage of WordPress's content editing experience, without having to settle for a cookie-cutter theme on the frontend.