Become a member
to unlock all features

Level Up!

Access all courses & lessons on egghead today and lock-in your price for life.


    Replacing FaunaDB with DynamoDB as the Backend of a GraphQL API with Zero Client Changes


    We take a set of DynamoDB queries that insert, update, and query for TODOs and replace the entire backend of our GraphQL API which is currently using FaunaDB. We cover DynamoDB operation ReturnValues for put, update, and query operations, implementing transformer functions to coordinate the stored representation in DynamoDB with your business objects, and then we get into Netlify. Netlify's environment variables don't allow us to use AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID as an environment variable name. Once we fix that, we set up a pull request on GitHub, which results in a Deploy Preview that includes our new GraphQL function deployment!