On this episode, I get the chance to speak with Lynne Tye, the creator of Key Values, a place for Software Developers to find a company that fits their values beyond just what tech stack they use or salary they provide.
Lynn has had a diverse career and only started coding in 2015. Once she cut her teeth freelancing, she realized it was hard to find the right company to work with. When job listings and recruiters proved unhelpful, the idea for Key Values was born.
Tune in to hear us talk about finding the right company culture, work/life balance and why it doesn't mean the same thing to everyone, and the value of hands-on involvement.
● Weighing the importance of your time
● What does work/life balance mean to you
● What it takes to launch your project
● Why loving what you do is so important
● Taking investment money
● Ambition and expectations with yourself
● Lynne’s previous career path vs. her current one
● Figuring out what works for you in your education
● Starting a business when you just started to program