This course goes beyond just getting started, and will teach you everything you need to know about the fundamentals of Next.js.
Next.js gives you the full power of React while also filling in the gaps in one package. It’s optimized and gives you a first class page building experience and just enough structure to keep you productive.
It is React’s recommendation for building server side rendered (SSR) web apps, and it features SSR and Static Site Generation (SSG), TypeScript support, routing, and more.
There’s a lot to learn. But by going through this course you’ll be building a rock-solid foundation with Next.js for yourself, especially if you work along with the workshop exercises that Lazar put together https://github.com/nikolovlazar/egghead-beginners-guide-nextjs.
During this course you’ll do the following:
- Set up a new Next.js project and customize the default components and configuration
- Create static and dynamic routes and implement navigation with the Link component
- Style your app with Global CSS, CSS Modules, CSS-In-JS, and UI frameworks like Chakra UI
- Learn the difference between and how to use the various rendering methods in Next.js (SSG, SSR, ISR)
- Use API routes to fetch data
- And finally deploy your app to Vercel!
So start watching and become a Next.js pro today!